We understand the importance of your privacy as we realize that some people are unsure about entering their personal details into websites over the Internet. We are committed with high privacy security levels to safeguard your personal and financial information. While providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below:
When, Why and How we collect information?
We specifically ask you before collecting personal and financial information from you:-
- When you make a booking with us, using our Website Instant Booking facilities or over the email or telephone. As this is required at the time of reserving a property or buying a service from us.
- We honestly ask you before you register with us for newsletters, email updates, or take part in surveys and customer feedback. We don’t like being spammed either.
- When you write, fax, telephone or email us to make an enquiry regarding any service(s) offered on the website.
All or some of the following Information is collected by us relating to you or any/all other members of your holiday group:-
- First and Last names and contact details
- Arrival and Departure Dates
- No. of travelers
- Credit/Debit card or other payment details
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements
- Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs)
- Travel preferences
We will seek your positive consent when we collect some of the information (such as about health or religion) prior to its use, as and when necessary.
What happens to the information we collect?
(1) We may need to disclose the information to the provider of the service(s) making up your holiday arrangements (who may be located outside of the UK) in order to provide you with our service(s).
(2) When you travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(4) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(5) We may also disclose information to organizations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organizations, which perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK.
Following are the functions included:
- a) Administration,
- b) Business Management and Operation,
- c) Customer care,
- d) Re-organization/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies),
- e) Risk assessment,
- f) Security and crime prevention/detection,
- g) Research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country.If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 24hrs from the date of request.
All sensitive information exchanged between your computer and our site is encrypted using SSL. Our SSL Cert. is provided by Verisign. This ensures that your information is transmitted securely and is safe from third parties.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from this website, that HolidayPorch.com has no control over that other website. Accordingly, HolidayPorch.com cannot guarantee that the controller of that web site will respect your privacy in the same manner as HolidayPorch.com.
Please read the information below on-site encryption.
HolidayPorch.com utilizes a technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is a set of rules followed by computers connected to the Internet.
Encryption – These rules include encryption, which guards against eavesdropping
Data Integrity – Data integrity, which ensures that your communications are not tampered with during transmission and
Authentication – authentication, which verifies that the party who receives your communication are who they claim to be.
HOW ENCRYPTION WORKS
There are two levels of encryption: 40-bit and 128-bit. With 40-bit encryption, there are billions of possible keys to decipher the coded information, and only one of them works. Someone intercepting the information would have to find the right key – a nearly impossible task. With 128-bit encryption, there are 300 billion trillion times as many keys as with 40-bit encryption. It is virtually impossible for an unauthorized party to find the right key, even if they are equipped with the best computers.
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use ‘Cookies’ on our website. ‘Cookies’ are a feature of web browser software which allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. ‘Cookies’ allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We don’t store and record any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data. Most browsers automatically allow ‘cookies,’ however usually your web browser will enable you to disable ‘cookies’ should you wish to do so.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We offer you the opportunity to post reviews of the accommodation you book through our site. Where you provide us with a review, we may include your review on our websites and on selected partner sites.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re-read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.
AMENDMENT OF PRIVACY AND SECURITY STATEMENT